Senior Customs Spcialist
|Balkh, Farah, Faryab, Herat, Kabul, Kandahar, Khost, Nangarhar, Nimruz, Paktia, Paktika
|As per NTA salary scale policy
|No. Of Jobs:
|Ministry of Finance
|Years of Experience:
|01 Jun, 2021
About Ministry of Finance:
The Ministry of Finance (MoF) manages and executes budget, collects taxes, organizes and controls public expenditure, and finally manages customs. Every government has to know the status of its revenues and expenditures, the management of its financial resources and to allocate them effectively.
Currently, a major share of the Afghanistan government budget is financed by international assistance. The Ministry of Finance, as the responsible body for public finance and expenditure, increasingly becomes more influential on coordinating and managing international assistance to Afghanistan, and convinces donors to channel more funds through the government treasury.
For the past few years, the Ministry of Finance has been trying to regulate its activities according to international rules and regulations. To achieve this goal, MoF established a recruitment section, as well as a Policy Design and Execution Unit, and has continually embarked on training and capacity building of its staff.
The Ministry’s aim is to manage financial affairs of the country through standard economic principles, so that Afghanistan becomes economically sustainable, secure, and self-sufficient, to ensure that public wealth is used in an accountable and transparent manner.
The incumbent of this position will be an integral member of the Customs Directorate General (CDG) of Ministry of Finance and will be responsible to work closely with the CDG on tasks related to the customs. He/she is expected to work with different stakeholders. The primary work of this person is to supervise, evaluate, advise and recommend initiatives that can improve the Customs operational efficiency.
A scope of work of the incumbent includes, but is not limited to the following;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the performance of customs officials in accordance with the Customs Law and other related legislative documents;
- Supervision of how customs revenues are collected compared to the set plan;
- Initiate necessary custom reform activities and simplification of custom processes.
- Preparation of CDG various plans, coordinating & monitoring the progress of various reform activities and assessment of all the identified reforms initiatives in CDG.
- Supervise the process of uniform application of the law and tariffs in all provincial customs;
- Identify the factors of non-compliance with the tariff with the coordination of the private sector and provide basic proposed solutions to the Ministry;
- To support Afghanistan’s transit efficiency and attractiveness Tactical Objectives:
- Analyze border crossing complexities
- To assist and monitor all customs activities at sites.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the relevant Directorate.
The candidate must be an Afghan National. The minimum qualifications, skills and experiences required for this position are as follows;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Law, management, and public administration, from a reputable university with 5 years of progressive experience in Customs, revenue collections, audit, and administration;
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work;
- Ability to lead a team and supervise custom activities.
- Strong report writing and analytical skills;
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Dari, Pashto and English languages;
- Computer proficient and excellent skills of Ms. Word and Ms. Excel;
- Ability to work under pressure and to long hours then the office time if required.
Qualified and interested Afghan national candidates are encouraged to submit his/her Interest Letter and CV with clearly stating above mentioned QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE. Interest letter and CV should be delivered by 16:30 hours June 01, 2021 through email to email@example.com
Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan.
Please copy and paste the vacancy# and position title into your subject email “006/CGD/MoF - Senior Customs Specialist” or else your application may not be considered.
Please do not attach your educational and working experience related documents.