Audit Quality Assurance Specialist
About Ministry of Finance:
Directorate General of Internal Audit - Ministry of Finance (MoF) of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan is mandated to conduct the internal audit of various MoF units including state-owned corporations and enterprises.
Ministry of Finance has recognized the importance of quality assurance in internal audit assignment carried out by the Directorate. As a guiding tool, the Directorate has adopted internal audit standards which are in compliance with best international internal audit practices in addition to audit manuals on various topics and other documents. The extent to which individual audit teams comply with standards are required to be reviewed continuously and regarded as an important component of internal audit practices. Therefore, the Directorate places high importance to strengthen its internal audit practice across government. To accomplish this it is imperative to hire a qualified and professional Audit Quality Assurance Specialist. The Specialist is expected to enhance quality assurance system, procedures and working methods within the Directorate.
The Audit Quality Assurance Specialist is expected to be skilled in internal auditing standards, best practices, accounting principles and have an extensive understanding of financial legislation, relevant laws and regulations, and be adept at analyzing large volumes of data. The specialist should be able to work independently and understand all of the required processes involved in effective quality assurance of internal audits.
The basic objective of the assignment is to strengthen and build the internal audit function of MoF as per the best practices and standards of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) through capacity and institutional development.The basic objective of the assignment is to strengthen and build the internal audit function of MoF as per the best practices and standards of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) through capacity and institutional development.
- Review the adequacy of, and compliance to, quality control system in the Directorate and its application at individual audit level.
- Ensure quality in audit reports as per international standards and identify weaknesses/flaws in auditors’ working papers.
- Review and analyze audit reports and audit files and share the comments with auditors.
- Asses the quality assurance system of the Directorate with recommendation made to the Director General Internal Audit.
- Collect findings and present to the audit team with analysis and possible recommendations and present findings to the Director General.
- Provide feedback to audit managers and audit teams.
- Deliver presentations to the Director General and senior managers on findings and recommendations.
- Prepare draft quality assurance reports on the review results and recommendations to ensure compliance to established process and procedures. Also provide the course of action agreed on.
- Draft action plan which is agreed upon with the audit directorates and the Director General.
- Provide brief to Director General and written report to the audit team including respective Audit Director at the end of the review work. A final report will be presented to the Director General not later than one week after completion of each the review work.
- Identify key areas and issues for further investigation and analysis.
- Evaluate figures, accounts, and statements with auditors and quality assurance experts.
- Document findings and communicate orally and/or in writing to the concerned Director and Director General on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement
- Recommend and advise on subsequent actions and processes to be undertaken by the audit teams.
- Develop clear and complete reports of audit findings if required
- Develop process improvements, standard tools and procedures to improve quality and efficiency of audit
- Contribute to the annual audit planning and risk assessment process along with planning the scope and approach for various audits
- Provide technical assistance and support in preparing audit reports
- Perform other assignments or tasks as determined by the Director General and/or Senior Manager Quality Assurance.
Capacity & Institutional Development Responsibilities
- Conduct capacity building program for the audit staff
- Participate in the implementation of learning and training development plan
- Provide in-house and on job training to audit staff
- Contribute to the ongoing development of professional practices within Directorate
- Review working papers/manuals prepared by the Directorate and provide expert guidance
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs , no later than 03 Dec 2023.
Please clearly indicate “position name & vacancy number” in the subject line of email.
Do not attach your education and working experience documents.