Senior HRMIS Development Expert
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per NTA salary scale policy|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Ministry of Finance|
|Years of Experience:|
|Contract Duration:||One Year|
|Close date:||28 May, 2021|
About Ministry of Finance:
The Ministry of Finance (MoF) manages and executes budget, collects taxes, organizes and controls public expenditure, and finally manages customs. Every government has to know the status of its revenues and expenditures, the management of its financial resources and to allocate them effectively.
Currently, a major share of the Afghanistan government budget is financed by international assistance. The Ministry of Finance, as the responsible body for public finance and expenditure, increasingly becomes more influential on coordinating and managing international assistance to Afghanistan, and convinces donors to channel more funds through the government treasury.
For the past few years, the Ministry of Finance has been trying to regulate its activities according to international rules and regulations. To achieve this goal, MoF established a recruitment section, as well as a Policy Design and Execution Unit, and has continually embarked on training and capacity building of its staff.
The Ministry’s aim is to manage financial affairs of the country through standard economic principles, so that Afghanistan becomes economically sustainable, secure, and self-sufficient, to ensure that public wealth is used in an accountable and transparent manner.
The incumbent of this position will be an integral member of the Human Resources Directorate of Ministry of Finance being responsible to work closely with the HR Director and HR Support Unit Coordinator on tasks related to analysis, review and upgrade of the existing HRIS system to a standard HRMIS and work on its integration to the core functions of Human Resources Directorate ensuring that HRMIS is capable of providing quick analysis (dashboard capability) and to develop monitor and implement security and off-side back-up procedures for HRMIS servers.
The preferred candidate shall have current or former work experience in Human Resources Management particularly in HRMIS systems’ analysis, review, upgrade and or development and should have managed similar assignments in public sector entities, Masters’ or Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management, Public Administration, Computer Science or any other relevant fields from a reputable university. Other trainings and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform more effectively in this position may also be considered.
A scope of work of the incumbent includes, but is not limited to the following;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct an intensive review/ study of the existing status of HRIS to pin-point its technical gaps or weaknesses and bring in the required update to ensure it’s turned into a standard HRMIS;
- Assist the HRMIS development technical team in determining and implementing information system technical practices including, data entry, data checking, data exchange procedures, test plans and methodologies;
- Align data collection and reporting system with standard trends and as well with the MoF’s personnel needs through predefined reporting formats and dashboards;
- Look into the need for and level of HRMIS integration with other existing MoF systems and provide recommendation for their better integration, in case required;
- Ensure that HRMIS is capable of providing quick analysis (dashboard capability) of trends and comparisons against defined indicators at various levels;
- Develop, monitor and implement security and off-site back-up procedures for HRMIS servers;
- Analyze the system from the different perspectives, such as; security, system performance, storage, scalability, availability and suggest optimization in each;
- Analyze design tune of the existing HRIS and suggest optimization in its database and application architectures;
- Review the information need assessment, current business flow and suggest business process models for each core processes used in civil service of Afghanistan;
- Perform analysis of the current system to determine the gaps in the systems implementation plan;
- Ensure that a standard and fully functional HRMIS is brought in place at the HR Directorate that is well connected and responds to the entire needs/ core functions of the department;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the HR Support Unit Coordinator or HR Director.
The candidate must be an Afghan National. The minimum qualifications, skills and experiences required for this position are as follows;
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Database Development, or any other relevant fields from a reputable university; with five years of practical and relevant experience in HRMIS development initiatives preferably in public sector programs/ projects;
- Or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Database Development, or any other relevant fields from a reputable university; with seven years of practical and relevant experience in HRMIS development initiatives preferably in public sector programs/ projects;
- He/she should have good knowledge in management information systems;
- Excellent data modelling and database architecture development experience;
- Experience in designing information systems for development projects that require high frequency data (preferably financial transactions); including database design, data capture methods, setting up servers’ security protocols and etc;
- Having specific skills in system design and architecture, programming language and database, requirement analysis and modelling, data visualization, system security and business process modelling will be an advantage with due preference;
- Planning and report writing skills;
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Dari, Pashto and English languages;
- Ability to work under pressure and to long hours then the office time if required.
Qualified and interested Afghan national candidates are encouraged to submit his/her Interest Letter and CV with clearly stating above mentioned QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE. Interest letter and CV should be delivered by 16:30 hours May 28, 2021 through email to RECRUITMENT@mof.gov.af
Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan.
Please clearly indicate “position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email” or else your application may not be considered.
Please do not attach your educational and working experience related documents.