Senior Organizational Review and Development Expert
|As per NTA salary scale policy
|No. Of Jobs:
|Ministry of Finance
|Years of Experience:
|28 May, 2021
bout Ministry of Finance:
The Ministry of Finance (MoF) manages and executes budget, collects taxes, organizes and controls public expenditure, and finally manages customs. Every government has to know the status of its revenues and expenditures, the management of its financial resources and to allocate them effectively.
Currently, a major share of the Afghanistan government budget is financed by international assistance. The Ministry of Finance, as the responsible body for public finance and expenditure, increasingly becomes more influential on coordinating and managing international assistance to Afghanistan, and convinces donors to channel more funds through the government treasury.
For the past few years, the Ministry of Finance has been trying to regulate its activities according to international rules and regulations. To achieve this goal, MoF established a recruitment section, as well as a Policy Design and Execution Unit, and has continually embarked on training and capacity building of its staff.
The Ministry’s aim is to manage financial affairs of the country through standard economic principles, so that Afghanistan becomes economically sustainable, secure, and self-sufficient, to ensure that public wealth is used in an accountable and transparent manner.
The incumbent of this position will be an integral member of the Human Resources Directorate of Ministry of Finance and will be responsible to work closely with the HR Support Unit Coordinator and Organizational Development Section on tasks related to structural review and development. He/she shall provide technical support and advice to OD section and work to design and propose a fit-for-purpose organisational structure with required staffing levels, in order to effectively and efficiently support the MoF to deliver on the new MoF vision and mission.
The preferred candidate shall have current or former work experience in Organizational Structural Review and Development and should have managed similar assignments in public sector entities, Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Business Administration or Public Administration from a reputable university. Other trainings and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform more effectively in this position may also be considered.
A scope of work of the incumbent includes, but is not limited to the following;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the current organizational structure and policy documents and engage in consultations with key stakeholders to identify the core functions and organizational strategies of each division under Ministry of Finance (MoF);
- Evaluate the strategic review of the MoF to determine whether the structures, systems and staffing are adequate to deliver on strategies and core functions;
- To review the current MoF organizational structure to determine how the functions and responsibilities of the various units can be re-aligned to the achievement of the MoF strategy;
- To propose an organizational structure that is aligned to the new MoF strategy, also indicating areas of cooperation and shared processes;
- To perform a gap analysis between current capacity, capacity required for the new structure as well as future capacity;
- To design the jobs within the structure, underpinned by job descriptions with clear purpose, main duties and required knowledge, experience and skills;
- Identify options and make recommendations designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organizational structure;
- Review and identify whether staffing levels are appropriate to meet workloads in each division;
- Identify the roles and responsibilities required within the functions or sections;
- Assist OD section to develop annual plans and budget (Separately for the Headquarter and Provincials);
- Develop a coordination and communication mechanism for coordinating all the OD activities carried out by MoF with IARCSC and any other relevant stake holders.
- Develop necessary forms and documents for conducting OD need assessments, including their outcomes;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the HR Support Unit Coordinator or HR Director.
The candidate must be an Afghan National. The minimum qualifications, skills and experiences required for this position are as follows;
- Master of Business Administration, Strategic Management or Public Administration from a reputable university with 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources Management and Organizational/ Structural review and development. Or, Bachelor of Public/ Business Administration with 7 years of progressive experience in Organizational/Structural Development;
- Planning and report writing skills;
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Dari, Pashto and English languages;
- Computer proficient and excellent skills of Ms. Word and Ms. Excel;
- Ability to work under pressure and to long hours then the office time if required.
Qualified and interested Afghan national candidates are encouraged to submit his/her Interest Letter and CV with clearly stating above mentioned QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE. Interest letter and CV should be delivered by 16:30 hours May 28, 2021 through email to RECRUITMENT@mof.gov.af
Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan.
Please clearly indicate “position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email” or else your application may not be considered.
Please do not attach your educational and working experience related documents.