Senior Training and Capacity Building Specialist
|Category:||Human Resources, Capacity Building|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per NTA salary scale policy|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Ministry of Finance|
|Years of Experience:|
|Contract Duration:||One Year (Extendable)|
|Close date:||28 May, 2021|
About Ministry of Finance:
The Ministry of Finance (MoF) manages and executes budget, collects taxes, organizes and controls public expenditure, and finally manages customs. Every government has to know the status of its revenues and expenditures, the management of its financial resources and to allocate them effectively.
Currently, a major share of the Afghanistan government budget is financed by international assistance. The Ministry of Finance, as the responsible body for public finance and expenditure, increasingly becomes more influential on coordinating and managing international assistance to Afghanistan, and convinces donors to channel more funds through the government treasury.
For the past few years, the Ministry of Finance has been trying to regulate its activities according to international rules and regulations. To achieve this goal, MoF established a recruitment section, as well as a Policy Design and Execution Unit, and has continually embarked on training and capacity building of its staff.
The Ministry’s aim is to manage financial affairs of the country through standard economic principles, so that Afghanistan becomes economically sustainable, secure, and self-sufficient, to ensure that public wealth is used in an accountable and transparent manner.
The incumbent of this position will be an integral member of the Human Resources Directorate of Ministry of Finance and will be responsible to work closely with the HR Support Unit Coordinator and Training and Development Section on tasks related to Training and Capacity Development. He/she shall provide technical support and advice to T&D section and work on conduct of Training Needs Assessment (TNA), capacity building programs’ design, curriculum development, delivery and overall implementation of different training programs.
The preferred candidate shall have current or former work experience in Training and Capacity Development and should have managed similar assignments in public sector entities, Masters’ or Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or Public Administration from a reputable university. Other trainings and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform more effectively in this position may also be considered.
A scope of work of the incumbent includes, but is not limited to the following;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to Training & Development (T&D) Section of the HR Directorate including capacity development of the relevant staff in the areas training needs assessment, development of training plan and budget, coordination of the trainings and evaluation of their outcomes;
- Assist T&D section in conduct of comprehensive training needs assessment at the MoF Headquarter and provincial Mustofiats;
- Assist T&D section to develop annual training plans and budget (Separately for the Headquarter and Mustofiats);
- Develop a coordination mechanism for coordinating all the trainings carried out in MoF under different technical assistance projects and assist in its effective implementation;
- Develop necessary forms and documents for conducting training evaluations, including their outcomes and assist in their implementation;
- Assist T&D section in development of standardized training modules, curriculums and archive system for storing and retrieving all the training and other development materials;
- Conduct different necessary training programs including TOT for the T&D section staff, which also includes coaching and mentoring;
- Assist T&D section in development/ smooth implementation of training policy at Ministry level;
- Assist T&D section to prepare periodic quality reports on the trainings carried out and their outcome including sub-national trainings;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the HR Support Unit Coordinator or HR Director.
The candidate must be an Afghan National. The minimum qualifications, skills and experiences required for this position are as follows;
- Master of Public/ Business Administration from a reputable university with 5 years of progressive experience in training and development. Or, Bachelor of Public/ Business Administration with 7 years of progressive experience in training and development;
- Planning and report writing skills;
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Dari, Pashto and English languages;
- Computer proficient and excellent skills of Ms. Word and Ms. Excel;
- Ability to work under pressure and to long hours then the office time if required.
Qualified and interested Afghan national candidates are encouraged to submit his/her Interest Letter and CV with clearly stating above mentioned QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE. Interest letter and CV should be delivered by 16:30 hours May 28, 2021 through email to RECRUITMENT@mof.gov.af
Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan.
Please clearly indicate “position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email” or else your application may not be considered.
Please do not attach your educational and working experience related documents.